Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Christmas Eraser Work







I handed E(2) this basket of Christmas erasers yesterday morning and said "Here, play  with these."  I expected her to play pretend with them...she loves to play with tiny animals and people, and I love to hear her talk for them.
 
So, I was surprised when I heard her talking her way through sorting them into piles of like objects.  She really enjoyed this!



 



Then she started handing them to me and was saying "This one is for you. This one is for me.  This one is for dada...."  After that she said she was making a "patterin" (pattern), and she spent a long time arranging them in their basket.



When O(5) got home from school, she immediately noticed the basket of erasers.  She also got right to work sorting them!  The only difference was that she made stacks instead of lines!



Who knew that a basket of erasers could be so much fun???

2 comments:

  1. I have those! I'm totally doing this today. :) Isn't great when you catch them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! Thanks for the idea!! ... and love the pic... that little hands.!!! sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete