Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Homemade Playdough

O and I have had fun making chocolate and sugar cookie playdough this week.  We love making playdough...it's almost as much fun as playing with it!

O loves to mix everything with her hands.  She leaned down to get a good whiff of the cocoa and breathed in a little too much cocoa dust!  This playdough smells divine!




Here is the chocolate playdough recipe.  (I was going to include it in this post, but that seems silly since I'm in a hurry :)

The day after making chocolate playdough, we made sugar cookie playdough.  The recipe is similar, but we left out the cocoa and added vanilla flavoring and white glitter.  We also cooked this playdough on the stove instead of pouring boiling water into the mixture.  Here is the basic playdough recipe

O really enjoyed pouring and mixing in the glitter!


3 comments:

  1. I love your blog, so today I gave you the "Me Encanta Tu Blog" (I love your blog) award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have a peanut butter playdough recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what do you mean by "vanilla flavoring?" i'm assuming you don't mean extract. the only thing i can think of is vanilla pudding powder??

    ReplyDelete