Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Striving for Organization

My mom spent a couple of days with us last week helping me clean and organize. We accomplished a lot, but we have so far to go!
Here is a very scary before pic of Little Kicker's room (it used to be our junk room). I'll post after pics after the room is completely finished...if that ever happens :)



O kept herself busy while we worked...I'm so glad that she can easily entertain herself :) She wore her "marrying" dress and was SO excited when we found my wedding bouquet (we used silk flowers since the island where we were married did not have a flower shop). She also decided that she should wear her babies during her wedding. She's such a good mommy :)

11 comments:

  1. I have given my baby carrying items to several friends, who have replied back that their babies just didn't want to be held so much??!! Yet your 3 year old wants to wear her dolls for her wedding. I hope the early exposure remains with her when she becomes a real mother one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest thing ever!

    I feel better seeing your junk room, BTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashlie.....frequent visitor!July 26, 2009 at 4:09 PM

    THANK YOU for showing us that you are a "real" person. I had doubts of you having a "junk room" like the rest of us :)...maybe a junk drawer or 2. Whew ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't tell you how much I love the before picture of the junk room. I showed it to my husband and he literally thought it was a picture of our room (that also needs to be cleaned out for baby #2). I feel sooo much better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I love the baby sling you have for your daughter...did you make it?! Tell me how, please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy smokes - that "junk room" had the OCD weirdo in me stunned at all that loss of space! Glad you are claiming the space. Not that I am perfect. I have a messy crazy basement ;) and plenty of junk drawers to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so glad to see your junk room!! Hooray! I'm not the only one with chaos in my life. Your other "on top of it" posts won't make me feel so inferior anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha- i thought i was the only one with a room that looked like that!!! good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to see that we're not the only ones that are unorganized. Thanks for sharing! Glad you got your rings off, ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw your picture of the baby sling and new my 3yo would be in love. Googled baby-sling tutorial and yours came up! It took us 10 minutes to make and has been one her since we made it. It was the only one online that did not use rings. Fun, safe, and easy to make. Thank you for sharing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete