Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Alphabet & Number Crayons


O and I made alphabet and number crayons for party favors for her 3rd birthday party. She enjoyed breaking the crayons, but she wasn't much help with peeling the paper off the crayons :) After we filled the number and alphabet molds with crayons, I put them in the oven for 20 minutes at 275 degrees. I left the crayons in the oven to cool so that the colors wouldn't mix and become muddy. Now the hard part...removing the crayons without breaking them! The idea for this activity and the number and alphabet molds came from Let's Explore.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've been wanting to do this! Do you think the tins are usable for food after being used for crayons? There are really cute ideas for ice cubes, etc, and I want to do both. Did they clean up ok or would you not use them for food now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those molds! It's so funny your daughter doesn't like peeling crayons- for a long time, peeling crayons was my "ace in the hole" if I need an hour of quiet time from my daughter :) We've made these in cupcake liners- they looked like little reese's PB cups :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be super excited for my son to get these for a party favor! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Instead of peeling crayons when I do this, I score the paper with a blade and it just peels off in one piece, easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can soak the crayons in water and the paper will peel off easily!!!

    ReplyDelete