Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fun with Thank You Notes

I've been trying to think of a way to have O involved in writing the thank you notes for her birthday gifts, and I figured it out today! I wrote Thank You on her chalkboard (she helped, but I erased her "help" before I took the pictures!) and had her stand in front of the board with the gift while I took pictures. I had her say "Thank you, Guh-guh" (or whoever the gift was from) as I took the picture. This was a lot of fun, and O seemed quite proud to be taking pics for "tank too notes." Unfortunately, the lighting was a bit off, and we'll have to take a few more pics tomorrow (I was hoping to have the notes sent tonight!). I am uploading the pics to Snapfish, and then sending them out as postcard thank you notes. For the gifts that I didn't want to take outside and the gifts of money, I used pictures of O from her birthday party. Obviously, this isn't a picture that we'll be using :) I added her name after I took these pics, and I actually got few shots of her looking at the camera!

6 comments:

  1. what a great idea! how are you turning them into postcards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea. I like it. I am doing my first super hero giveaway with one of Erin's capes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies!
    Brianna- I'm uploading the pics to snapfish.com and turning them into postcards there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible idea! Violet's birthday is next weekend and I'm going to do something similar to this ~ we don't have a big chalkboard so I'll have to improvise somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! And actually something the gift-givers will keep! My sister in law always sends a postcard photo of all the kids from the party with a quick thank you on the back. My son has each years hanging in his room.

    ReplyDelete